Sunday 7 October 2012

Coraline.

 
 
One of my favourite animated feature films is Coraline. It is a story of a girl who moves to Michigan with her parents and begins be feel a bit ignored. She then decided to explore her new home and discovers a parallel 'other' world in which her parents and everything in seem more 'perfect', she soon learns that she prefers her old world and that in the other world all is not as perfect as it seems. 
 
I like this film because it explores something that is impossible in everyday life, exploring another world. As people, especially as children we can often think to ourselves 'Whaf if?' I enjoyed how the film shows that what people wish for is not always what they really want, Coraline is left wishing she could return home to her 'old world' but the 'other' parents are trying to trap her and she learns to appreciate her parents and friends she has.
 
For my animation I would like my main character to explore another world. Weather it be a parallel world or a world they are not familiar with I like the idea of my character being in unfamiliar surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment